What We Believe
- We believe in God as Trinity: Father, Son (Jesus), and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that this God is the creator of all things, and this creation was perfect, without fault.
- We believe that we humans have disobeyed God and through our disobedience God’s creation is no longer good but broken. That act of disobedience is called Sin.
- We believe that Sin is to be understood as both Original and Actual. Original Sin is a condition we are born into. We also believe in Actual Sins, or individual acts of disobedience against God.
- We believe that because of this Sin, we are by nature separated from and deserve God’s punishment and wrath.
- We believe that God sent his Son, Jesus, 2000 years ago to live as a person, walk this earth, and ultimately take the punishment for our Sin by dying on the cross.
- We believe that Jesus, three days after his death, rose from the dead, thereby declaring victory over death and sin.
- We believe that all who believe and proclaim this Jesus as Lord and Savior are forgiven of their sins and now have the promise of eternity with him in Heaven.
- We believe that Jesus will return someday as promised in Glory as the ultimate judge of all humanity.
- We believe that life on this broken earth is difficult and that following God is also not an easy journey.
- We believe that the Bible is truly God’s Word and the base for all we believe and do.
- We believe in two Sacraments (sacred acts) Baptism and Communion that are commanded by God and hold the blessing of Forgiveness of sins and the strengthening of faith.
- We believe that all of us have a part to play in sharing God’s Love Story to the world.
- Finally, we believe that followers should be known for their love and service, rather than their judgment and piety.
- For more on what we believe, check out www.LCMS.org.